Here at iland co. HQ our team can typically be found daydreaming over staff spritzes of the next “hot” holiday adventure! Bali has long been one of Australia’s most beloved hot holiday destinations and with their beautiful people, spectacular scenery and beaches, endless shopping and amazing world-class dining options. It’s easy to see why once the travel restrictions are lifted Bali will once again make for a fabulous holiday destination.
Aside from your usual resort-style getaway Bali is also well known for the plethora of villa options. The question is which one do you choose? Here is a list of our pros for each….
RESORT STYLE HOLIDAY:
Bali is jam-packed with resorts ranging from basic style mid-range properties all the way through to 6-star boutique gems. I am never one to shy away from a resort, the more stars the better in my opinion. So why choose a resort?
- Lots of guests = plenty of opportunities for mingling in your Hot Tropics Kimono & meeting new people from all over the world.
- Entertainment such as trivia nights, aqua aerobics, beach volleyball and nightly live entertainment.
- Resorts usually have multiple pools to swan around in our best selling Leopard Silk Kimono, some with adult-only options and swim-up bars.
- Daily housekeeping and nightly turndown service.
- 24-hour room service.
- Day spa, health clubs and yoga on-site with priority bookings for in house guests.
- Multiple dining options and buffet breakfast are usually included in your rate.
- Concierge service and excursion desks to assist in arranging your transport, day tours, restaurant reservations and so on.
- Kids clubs and activities throughout the day and some with babysitting services.
VILLA STYLE HOLIDAY:
Private villas have become a very popular option when visiting Bali and they’re popping up all over the place particularly in up and coming areas like Canggu and Uluwatu.
Villa’s tend to be a popular choice for larger family and friend groups but also work well for couples. I love a villa-style holiday as it’s a more intimate experience than a resort. Again, the standards range from basic to super-luxe so it’s easy to find a villa to fit your budget. So why choose a villa for your next visit?
- Exclusive use of villa means no other guests to share your pool or relaxation spaces with.
- Personalised one on one service. Most villa’s come with butlers and chefs so they can really tailor the service they offer to your needs.
- Breakfast prepared daily by your own private chef usually made on request and to your liking.
- Cocktails prepared on request with the duty-free liquor you bought on the way in.
- Grocery services available so you can stock up on all your favourite food and drink items.
- Multiple room options ranging from 1 bedroom up to 8+ bedroom villas.
- A lot of villas come with a private driver to get you around or they usually have reliable contacts they can hook you up with.
- Speciality BBQ’s and dinners prepared in your villa on request.
- Some villas will cater for small celebrations such as weddings or birthday parties
- External services can be arranged bought into the villas such as massage therapists or private yoga instructors
- Babysitting often available
- Most villas have a pool but they usually aren’t fenced. Fences can be bought in and erected prior to your arrival for an additional fee.
- Butlers can arrange day tours, restaurant reservations and taxis etc.
When I visit Bali I usually go with friends so I tend to book a villa for this part of the trip and spend a few days just with my family before or after at a resort. This way I am mixing it up a bit and getting the best of both worlds. You really can’t go wrong in Bali, there is something to suit everyone's tastes and budget, the hardest part is just choosing what to go with.
Either way, if I choose a villa or a resort you will likely find me draped in my divine Lake Como iland co. kimono with a margarita in one hand and book in the other, lounging the day away by the pool.